A Little About Us
Hiya! We’re Brooke & Buddy Baum – a 30-something, travel-loving, detail-oriented, yet easy going couple. We uprooted our lives from traditional desk jobs and responsibilities in 2017 to pursue our own idea of success and happiness. (You can read more about us on our travel blog, TrailingAway.com).
But just because we’ve worked hard to make our own schedule and live by our own rules, doesn’t mean we won’t also work hard to help you reach your goals. Once we’ve committed to a client, we are dedicated to providing timely, high-quality work that meets – or often exceeds – your expectations. We can’t wait to work with you!
Our Skills & Work Experience
Brooke Baum – Editor, Writer & Master of Content
After finishing her Bachelor’s Degree, Brooke got her first editorial assistant job at a small journal in Boulder, CO, and fell in love. It was just supposed to be an in-between fix, but it turned into a career. Although she is very Type A and well-suited for editing, Brooke also has a creative side which is nourished through writing. While she loves a chance to share her unique experiences and perspectives, writing about a new topic needing in-depth research and preparation provides an exciting challenge which she excels at. With a strong work ethic and sincere desire to help her clients, she is often described as a valuable, reliable, and fun person to work with.
In the last eight years, Brooke has worked in a variety of editorial roles:
- Managing editor of the lifestyle blog for Winnebago Industries, including contributor outreach and coordination, advanced editing of content, as well as blog post and newsletter writing.
- Managing editor of NeverIdleJournal, Outdoorsy’s lifestyle blog, including contributor coordination, editorial calendar creation and management, as well as article publishing.
- Freelance writing and content creation for multiple publications, including International Living Magazine, TrustedHousesitters, Makana Charters, and House Siting Magazine. As well as multiple content partnerships within the travel industry through her personal travel blog.
- Writer and assistant editor at Modern Distribution Management, including news reporting, creation of daily e-newsletters, contributing to and proofing twice-monthly print and digital issue, as well as editing of special reports, books, and other products.
- Editorial assistant for the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, including proofreading, editing and formatting text, figures and tables for publication in monthly print and online issue.
For an example of Brooke’s writing skills, here is a sampling of her work:
- Travel: 6 Hours in Africa: Day Trip to Morocco from Spain
- Lifestyle: Why We Changed from RV Living To Full-Time Pet Sitting
- Product Overview: Product Q&A Class C Vita/Porto
- How-To/Guide: Minimalist Packing Tips
- Profile Piece: Winnebago & Escapees: A Shared Vision for RV Innovation
- Personal Finance: How to Spend Way Too Much Full-Time RVing
- Business/Marketing: Tech Sparks Transformation of Action Health
Buddy Baum – Analyst, Web Manager & SEO Know-It-All
During his first couple of years in the corporate world, Buddy worked his way from an entry-level position to a business analyst role by taking the initiative to learn the reporting software and processes. During his more than ten years in Corporate America, he gained experience as an analyst in multiple industries, including banking, healthcare, and consumer products. As a self-taught analyst, he is a great problem solver and able to explain difficult concepts in plain language. He has advanced knowledge of multiple data processing systems and experience with large data warehouse. As our lives have changed and we’ve entered the world of blogging, he has used his skills to make sense of website analytics to create meaningful, custom reports for tracking top blog posts and other important insights.
Buddy’s roles as an analyst included:
- Website & Blog Analytics Reporting for various businesses, including creating customized reports based on website statistics and analytics.
- Developer, Business Consultant & Solutions Architect at Cognizant, including a dedicated contractor role with PepsiCo where he built custom solutions and reports utilizing SQL, Excel, PowerPoint, and Qlikview software.
- Senior Data Analyst at Healthgrades, including responsibility for data integrity throughout the company dataset and creation of business rules to correct issues.
- Technical Consultant at Sopheon, including software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting, as well as maintaining an MS SQL Server database, training clients on software, and designing, modifying, developing, and implementing reports.
- Business Analyst at J. P. Morgan Chase & Washington Mutual, including creation of various user-friendly reports using SQL, Oracle, Toad, and Excel.
He has also applied the same perseverance and thirst for knowledge in website management and design, SEO, and photography as well, including consistently learning new skills and following new trends. Buddy is dedicated to providing a personalized service that helps customers reach their goals.
Buddy’s web design and management skillset include:
- Advanced WordPress understanding, with an ever-increasing grasp of the various plugins available to improve a WP site and confidence to transfer this knowledge to another CMS.
- Knowledge of back-end website editing coding, including Javacsript, HTML, and CSS.
- Advanced knowledge of Divi website builder, with an understanding of various customization options.
- In-depth SEO knowledge, including an understanding of various research tools and remaining up-to-date on best practices.