When I sit down to edit, I make sure I have these six tools handy:
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition– For everything.
- The Christian Writer’s Manual of Style– For everything Christian that’s not in the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Dictionary.com– For all those times I want to tell my writers, “I do not think that word means what you think it means.”
- Biblegateway– For biblical quotations in any translation.
- GrammarGirl– For fun. Seriously, she’s pretty fun.
- Pandora– For background music. My current favorite is a station I created with movie scores. Music with words can sometimes distract me.
What do you need for really good writing? Your favorite cup of coffee? A certain brand of pen? Fuzzy slippers to keep you feet warm? Share in the comments or on the Facebook page!