When I sit down to edit, I make sure I have these six tools handy:
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition- For everything.
- The Christian Writer’s Manual of Style- For everything Christian that’s not in the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Dictionary.com- For all those times I want to tell my writers, “I do not think that word means what you think it means.”
- Biblegateway- For biblical quotations in any translation.
- GrammarGirl- For fun. Seriously, she’s pretty fun.
- Pandora- For background music. My current favorite is a station I created with movie scores. Music with words can sometimes distract me.
What do you need for really good writing? Your favorite cup of coffee? A certain brand of pen? Fuzzy slippers to keep you feet warm? Share in the comments or on the Facebook page!