If you are attending a writers conference or pitching your book to an agent, you need a one-sheet. A (very) condensed version of your book proposal, a one-sheet gives basic information about you and your book.
Your one-sheet should have the following information:
- Your contact info and a picture. Include your social media links (Twitter, Google+, and Facebook).
- Your elevator pitch. When someone asks what your book is about, you should be able to answer in one to two sentences. This is your elevator pitch.
- The “back cover” description of your book. This is a longer, more detailed description of your book.
You can also include:
- The estimated book length.
- Your target audience.
- A positive quote from someone who read your book.
- If you have an agent, include his/her contact info.
- If you have published your book as an e-book, give the stats of how many times it has been downloaded.
A one-sheet is an easy way to introduce someone to yourself and your book. You can be creative, but make it easy to read and navigate.