- Write as much as you have to meet the word count. You should only write enough words to make your point. Then stop.
- Use big words. Don’t use words if you don’t know what they mean.
- Don’t use I or me. In most of the writing you do as an adult, you can use I or me.
- No contractions. If you write your book or blog posts without any contractions, it sounds too formal.
- Don’t start a sentence with a conjunction. And, but, or are all OK at the beginning of sentences in informal writing.
You might also like:
- Five Words to Eliminate from Your Writing
- Five More Words to Eliminate from Your Writing
- Don’t Write