You’ve worked hours (days, weeks, or even years!) on your manuscript. You’re ready to take it to the next level, either by self-publishing or getting chapters ready for a book proposal. I can help you achieve the dreams you have for your writing project. Together we will make your book the best it can be.
Services Offered and Package Information:
I am able to use both my degrees and experience to offer unique services to authors. I not only have the technical skills to help you communicate your ideas correctly and clearly, I also have the theological knowledge to help you develop your message to bring about change in peoples’ lives.
Perfect for the author who just needs help with the technical side of writing. The cost is $2.50 a page. Basic copyediting includes corrections in the following areas:
- Spelling and punctuation.
- Grammar and proper language usage (such as affect/effect).
- Proper and consistent formatting for footnotes, figures, and additional material such as the appendix, recommended resource list, and/or bibliography.
This includes basic copyediting, and takes additional steps to help the author develop ideas and communicate clearly. The cost is $3 a page. Advanced editing includes suggestions and corrections in the following areas:
- Parallelism and logical flow within paragraphs and chapters.
- Transitions, writing style, and tone.
- Ideas and application, including additional Scripture references and illustration material.
- Fact checking, including exact wording for quotes.
- Additional help as needed and discussed with the author.
- Turn around on the average manuscript is one week to ten days.
- I take payment via PayPal unless otherwise discussed.
- If you are on a tight budget but would still like help, let me know and we’ll see what we can do!
- Any more questions? Just email sandra@nextstepediting .com and ask!
Take the next step—Next Step Editing.